National Day of Safety and Health in Mining 2019
1 October 2019
The Minerals Council South Africa today formally launched the Khumbul’ekhaya initiative, a CEO-led strategy on health and safety, developed and led by the Minerals Council CEO Zero Harm Forum. The aim of the initiative is to drive and sustain the mining industry’s pursuit of Zero Harm, with a particular emphasis on eliminating fatalities.
Presentations and speeches
- October 2, 2019 Mining in SA today: What’s happening economically and how is this impacting the mining industry? Presentation by Roger Baxter
- October 2, 2019 October 02, 2019 Keynote address: The road to Zero Harm - Mxolisi Mgojo, President, Minerals Council South Africa and CEO, Exxaro Resources
- October 2, 2019 Presentation: Mxolisi Mgojo - The road to Zero Harm
- October 1, 2019: Themba Mkhwanazi's speech at the Khumbul'ekhaya launch PDF
- October 1, 2019: Roger Baxter's speech at the Khumbul'ekhaya launch
Khumbul’ekhaya is a Nguni word for “remember home”, and recognises the devastating impact that work-related deaths have on families. It intends to drive home an enhanced safety and health message.